What to Bring
- Your original signed Consent Form
- Your completed Patient History Form
- X-Rays or results of tests relevant to your condition
- Medications you would normally take during the day
- Medicare and Health Fund details (book or card)
- Reading material
On the Day
Please arrive on time for your appointment so that we can prepare for your surgery. If you are delayed, it is important that you contact us as soon as possible.
Wear loose comfortable clothing and low heeled shoes. Patients should not wear make-up, contact lenses, nail polish and no jewellery other than a wedding ring.
If your doctor advises you to remain in hospital overnight, please bring:
- Night attire, dressing gown and slippers
- Any current prescribed medication with a written schedule from your GP of when it should be taken
You may have visitors at any time (at the discretion of Staff) during the afternoon or evening. Meals are provided for those staying overnight. If you have any special dietary needs, please contact us prior to your admission.
After your Surgery
After surgery you will wake up in the recovery room and be cared for by our experienced nursing staff.